Can't mvn release the project

Les Hazlewood
Administrator
I can't release the project in preparation for voting - maven is
blowing up on me.

Here's the steps I followed:

1. Branch the trunk to release from the branch (so there are no trunk
conflicts from a random commit). I then performed the release from the
branch:

> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/branches/1.2.x
> cd 1.2.x
> mvn clean install -Papache-release,docs
> mvn release:prepare -DdryRun=true -Papache-release,docs
> mvn deploy
> mvn release:clean
> mvn release:prepare -Papache-release,docs
> mvn release:perform -Papache-release,docs

This last command results in a build failure:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:2.1.1:deploy
(default-deploy) on project shiro-root: Unsupported protocol: 'scp':
Cannot find wagon which supports the requested protocol: scp:
java.util.NoSuchElementException
    [ERROR] role: org.apache.maven.wagon.Wagon
    [ERROR] roleHint: scp
    [ERROR] -> [Help 1]

What gives?  Any ideas?  What am I doing wrong - or what might need to
change in the pom?

Building with Mac OS X, JDK 1.6.0_29, Maven 3.0.3

Thanks,

Les

Re: Can't mvn release the project

Les Hazlewood
Administrator
Just found this:

http://lenni.info/blog/2011/04/configuring-the-maven-site-plugin-to-accept-scp-urls-for-sitedeploy/

Investigating.

I wonder why this hasn't happened before...

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 10:03 PM, Les Hazlewood <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can't release the project in preparation for voting - maven is
> blowing up on me.
>
> Here's the steps I followed:
>
> 1. Branch the trunk to release from the branch (so there are no trunk
> conflicts from a random commit). I then performed the release from the
> branch:
>
>> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/branches/1.2.x
>> cd 1.2.x
>> mvn clean install -Papache-release,docs
>> mvn release:prepare -DdryRun=true -Papache-release,docs
>> mvn deploy
>> mvn release:clean
>> mvn release:prepare -Papache-release,docs
>> mvn release:perform -Papache-release,docs
>
> This last command results in a build failure:
>

> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:2.1.1:deploy
> (default-deploy) on project shiro-root: Unsupported protocol: 'scp':
> Cannot find wagon which supports the requested protocol: scp:
> java.util.NoSuchElementException
>    [ERROR] role: org.apache.maven.wagon.Wagon
>    [ERROR] roleHint: scp
>    [ERROR] -> [Help 1]
>
> What gives?  Any ideas?  What am I doing wrong - or what might need to
> change in the pom?
>
> Building with Mac OS X, JDK 1.6.0_29, Maven 3.0.3
>
> Thanks,
>
> Les

Re: Can't mvn release the project

kaosko
Maven 3 doesn't support the scp wagon out of the box, see
https://cwiki.apache.org/MAVEN/maven-3x-compatibility-notes.html. We
use scp the distribute the site, it should be simple to configure the
wagon.

Kalle

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 10:04 PM, Les Hazlewood <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just found this:
>
> http://lenni.info/blog/2011/04/configuring-the-maven-site-plugin-to-accept-scp-urls-for-sitedeploy/
>
> Investigating.
>
> I wonder why this hasn't happened before...
>
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 10:03 PM, Les Hazlewood <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I can't release the project in preparation for voting - maven is
>> blowing up on me.
>>
>> Here's the steps I followed:
>>
>> 1. Branch the trunk to release from the branch (so there are no trunk
>> conflicts from a random commit). I then performed the release from the
>> branch:
>>
>>> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/branches/1.2.x
>>> cd 1.2.x
>>> mvn clean install -Papache-release,docs
>>> mvn release:prepare -DdryRun=true -Papache-release,docs
>>> mvn deploy
>>> mvn release:clean
>>> mvn release:prepare -Papache-release,docs
>>> mvn release:perform -Papache-release,docs
>>
>> This last command results in a build failure:
>>

>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
>> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:2.1.1:deploy
>> (default-deploy) on project shiro-root: Unsupported protocol: 'scp':
>> Cannot find wagon which supports the requested protocol: scp:
>> java.util.NoSuchElementException
>>    [ERROR] role: org.apache.maven.wagon.Wagon
>>    [ERROR] roleHint: scp
>>    [ERROR] -> [Help 1]
>>
>> What gives?  Any ideas?  What am I doing wrong - or what might need to
>> change in the pom?
>>
>> Building with Mac OS X, JDK 1.6.0_29, Maven 3.0.3
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Les

Re: Can't mvn release the project

Les Hazlewood
Administrator
This page had the correct configuration:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/examples/adding-deploy-protocol.html

The build still prompts me for a password on every module, but at
least I was able to deploy.  I'll start a vote thread soon.