Prepping for 0.9 final

Les Hazlewood-2
Hi guys,

I'm prepping for 0.9 final at the moment.  The only thing left to do is
JavaDoc all the remaining places that aren't yet JavaDoc'd.

I'm going for 100% of all code (except unit tests) JavaDoc'd before
releasing.  It should take me another day or two.

Hopefully I can get this finished and release 0.9 final this coming week,
after which we can import the code into the Incubator repo.

Cheers,

Les

Re: Prepping for 0.9 final

Emmanuel Lécharny
Les Hazlewood wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm prepping for 0.9 final at the moment.  The only thing left to do is
> JavaDoc all the remaining places that aren't yet JavaDoc'd.
>
> I'm going for 100% of all code (except unit tests) JavaDoc'd before
> releasing.  It should take me another day or two.
>
> Hopefully I can get this finished and release 0.9 final this coming week,
> after which we can import the code into the Incubator repo.

That's just fine ! And many thanks for the added Javadoc !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: Prepping for 0.9 final

Jeremy Haile
Throw some classes (packages) my way and I'll be happy to JavaDoc them
this weekend.

On Sep 12, 2008, at 2:37 PM, Les Hazlewood wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm prepping for 0.9 final at the moment.  The only thing left to do
> is
> JavaDoc all the remaining places that aren't yet JavaDoc'd.
>
> I'm going for 100% of all code (except unit tests) JavaDoc'd before
> releasing.  It should take me another day or two.
>
> Hopefully I can get this finished and release 0.9 final this coming
> week,
> after which we can import the code into the Incubator repo.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Les

Re: Prepping for 0.9 final

Les Hazlewood
Administrator
Cool - I'll update the list when I'm done today.  A few days ago, I updated
all classes that need JavaDoc with //TODO comments.  If you see any TODO, it
basically means that the class needs JavaDoc somewhere - class-level,
attribute-level, or method-level, or combination thereof.  You can see those
now.

Basically, I'm relying on IDEA to tell me where they are, and I'm just
picking them one by one and ensuring that each class is 100%.

I'm defining 100% to mean that the class, every attribute and every single
method is javadoc'd.  I'm just chipping away now...

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Jeremy Haile <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Throw some classes (packages) my way and I'll be happy to JavaDoc them this
> weekend.
>

> On Sep 12, 2008, at 2:37 PM, Les Hazlewood wrote:
>
>  Hi guys,
>>
>> I'm prepping for 0.9 final at the moment.  The only thing left to do is
>> JavaDoc all the remaining places that aren't yet JavaDoc'd.
>>
>> I'm going for 100% of all code (except unit tests) JavaDoc'd before
>> releasing.  It should take me another day or two.
>>
>> Hopefully I can get this finished and release 0.9 final this coming week,
>> after which we can import the code into the Incubator repo.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Les

Re: Prepping for 0.9 final

Les Hazlewood
Administrator
Oh yeah, constructors too, of course.

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Les Hazlewood <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Cool - I'll update the list when I'm done today.  A few days ago, I updated
> all classes that need JavaDoc with //TODO comments.  If you see any TODO, it
> basically means that the class needs JavaDoc somewhere - class-level,
> attribute-level, or method-level, or combination thereof.  You can see those
> now.
>
> Basically, I'm relying on IDEA to tell me where they are, and I'm just
> picking them one by one and ensuring that each class is 100%.
>
> I'm defining 100% to mean that the class, every attribute and every single
> method is javadoc'd.  I'm just chipping away now...
>

> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Jeremy Haile <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Throw some classes (packages) my way and I'll be happy to JavaDoc them
>> this weekend.
>>

>> On Sep 12, 2008, at 2:37 PM, Les Hazlewood wrote:
>>
>>  Hi guys,
>>>
>>> I'm prepping for 0.9 final at the moment.  The only thing left to do is
>>> JavaDoc all the remaining places that aren't yet JavaDoc'd.
>>>
>>> I'm going for 100% of all code (except unit tests) JavaDoc'd before
>>> releasing.  It should take me another day or two.
>>>
>>> Hopefully I can get this finished and release 0.9 final this coming week,
>>> after which we can import the code into the Incubator repo.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Les

Re: Prepping for 0.9 final

Les Hazlewood
Administrator
Also note that much of my TODO comments look like this:

//TODO - JavaDoc remaining methods.

That's sort of misleading.  Its not just methods that need to be reviewed,
but everything (top class level, attributes, constructors, methods).  Just
keep that in the back of your mind so you don't JavaDoc _only_ methods when
you see that comment - basically the whole class needs to be reviewed.

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 3:02 PM, Les Hazlewood <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Oh yeah, constructors too, of course.
>

> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Les Hazlewood <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Cool - I'll update the list when I'm done today.  A few days ago, I
>> updated all classes that need JavaDoc with //TODO comments.  If you see any
>> TODO, it basically means that the class needs JavaDoc somewhere -
>> class-level, attribute-level, or method-level, or combination thereof.  You
>> can see those now.
>>
>> Basically, I'm relying on IDEA to tell me where they are, and I'm just
>> picking them one by one and ensuring that each class is 100%.
>>
>> I'm defining 100% to mean that the class, every attribute and every single
>> method is javadoc'd.  I'm just chipping away now...
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Jeremy Haile <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Throw some classes (packages) my way and I'll be happy to JavaDoc them
>>> this weekend.
>>>

>>> On Sep 12, 2008, at 2:37 PM, Les Hazlewood wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi guys,

Re: Prepping for 0.9 final

Les Hazlewood
Administrator
Finally, sometimes I may or may not JavaDoc an implementation of an
interface method, since JavaDoc automatically 'imports' the interface's
JavaDoc if none is specified for that method.

But I only do this when the implementation is trivial/obvious.  Otherwise I
try to JavaDoc the implementation strategy of the method.

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 3:04 PM, Les Hazlewood <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Also note that much of my TODO comments look like this:
>
> //TODO - JavaDoc remaining methods.
>
> That's sort of misleading.  Its not just methods that need to be reviewed,
> but everything (top class level, attributes, constructors, methods).  Just
> keep that in the back of your mind so you don't JavaDoc _only_ methods when
> you see that comment - basically the whole class needs to be reviewed.
>

> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 3:02 PM, Les Hazlewood <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Oh yeah, constructors too, of course.
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Les Hazlewood <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Cool - I'll update the list when I'm done today.  A few days ago, I
>>> updated all classes that need JavaDoc with //TODO comments.  If you see any
>>> TODO, it basically means that the class needs JavaDoc somewhere -
>>> class-level, attribute-level, or method-level, or combination thereof.  You
>>> can see those now.
>>>
>>> Basically, I'm relying on IDEA to tell me where they are, and I'm just
>>> picking them one by one and ensuring that each class is 100%.
>>>
>>> I'm defining 100% to mean that the class, every attribute and every
>>> single method is javadoc'd.  I'm just chipping away now...

Re: Prepping for 0.9 final

Emmanuel Lécharny
Les Hazlewood wrote:
> Finally, sometimes I may or may not JavaDoc an implementation of an
> interface method, since JavaDoc automatically 'imports' the interface's
> JavaDoc if none is specified for that method.
>
> But I only do this when the implementation is trivial/obvious.  Otherwise I
> try to JavaDoc the implementation strategy of the method.

using {@inheritDoc} tag may help to know that the Javadoc is not missing.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: Prepping for 0.9 final

Les Hazlewood
Administrator
Good point - thanks!

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 5:12 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Les Hazlewood wrote:
>
>> Finally, sometimes I may or may not JavaDoc an implementation of an
>> interface method, since JavaDoc automatically 'imports' the interface's
>> JavaDoc if none is specified for that method.
>>
>> But I only do this when the implementation is trivial/obvious.  Otherwise
>> try to JavaDoc the implementation strategy of the method.
>>

> using {@inheritDoc} tag may help to know that the Javadoc is not missing.

> cordialement, regards,
> Emmanuel Lécharny
> www.iktek.com
> directory.apache.org

Re: Prepping for 0.9 final

Les Hazlewood
Administrator
I gotta take a break from JavaDoc'ing the next few days - could anyone
please step in and pick up from where I left off?