Re: Path matching question, again

Les Hazlewood
Administrator
Hi Tamas,

I agree with you - a pluggable matcher would be much nicer.  Can you please
add that as a Jira feature request?  I'd like to get that in there for RC2,
which, if I'm lucky, I'll get out next week.

Also, if you come up with a url-based matcher that you think is generic
enough for people outside of your needs, we would definitely appreciate a
code contribution :)  (Its ok if you don't feel that would be appropriate,
of course).

Then we could include it in RC2 and you wouldn't have to maintain it
anymore.

But, for now, there are two things you can do to keep moving until RC2.

1.  For any custom filter you have, override the
PathMatchingFilter.pathsMatch method to use your custom matcher.  Naturally,
the pluggable, interface-driven approach (for the Jira issue you hopefully
will create! ;) ) will allow us to set this once and be applied to all
filters.

2.  Override IniWebConfiguration.getChain(request,response,chain) and
copy-n-paste our code, just changing the line:

if (pathMatcher.match(path, requestURI)) {

with your own pathMatcher implementation.

That should do it.

This being said, I'm _really_ surprised that we didn't have this
interface-driven and pluggable from the start.  If you've looked at much
else of our framework, we're pretty religious about interface-driven design
and this should have never occurred.  I apologize for that, but we'll get it
fixed for RC2.

Thanks!

Les