Releasing RC1?

Les Hazlewood-2
Hi guys,

I would like to make a (non-ASF) 0.9.0-RC1 release tomorrow if at all
possible.

I've been working lately to improve the JavaDoc, and whatever little things
trickle in.  It seems pretty cohesive thus far.  Aside from the one
remaining issue assigned to me (http://issues.jsecurity.org/browse/JSEC-116),
I don't see anything explicit. (I plan on finishing that issue today and
tomorrow).

Could you all please look over the most current trunk today and tomorrow and
let me know if you see anything that should be addressed prior to the RC1
release?

Thanks,

Les

Re: Releasing RC1?

Alan D. Cabrera

On Jul 29, 2008, at 10:38 AM, Les Hazlewood wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I would like to make a (non-ASF) 0.9.0-RC1 release tomorrow if at all
> possible.
>
> I've been working lately to improve the JavaDoc, and whatever little
> things
> trickle in.  It seems pretty cohesive thus far.  Aside from the one
> remaining issue assigned to me (http://issues.jsecurity.org/browse/JSEC-116
> ),
> I don't see anything explicit. (I plan on finishing that issue today
> and
> tomorrow).
>
> Could you all please look over the most current trunk today and
> tomorrow and
> let me know if you see anything that should be addressed prior to
> the RC1
> release?

Les,

What do you see as the timetable/criteria for a full v0.9.0 release?
Am I correct in stating that the SVN move needs to wait on this?

Regards,
Alan

Re: Releasing RC1?

Les Hazlewood
Administrator
Hi Alan,

Yes, it would be easiest for the repo issues if we can wait to move until
after 0.9 final.  Unless I'm mistaken I believe this is the general
preference of the dev team as well to make lives easiest on both us and our
user community.

The good news is that the timetable looks good - I released RC1 last week,
and I think I can get RC2 out this week.  There might be one more after
that, depending on if any bugs crop up.

But, so far, so good, and it is moving along quickly :)

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 12:30 AM, Alan D. Cabrera <[hidden email]>wrote:

> On Jul 29, 2008, at 10:38 AM, Les Hazlewood wrote:
>
>  Hi guys,
>>
>> I would like to make a (non-ASF) 0.9.0-RC1 release tomorrow if at all
>> possible.
>>
>> I've been working lately to improve the JavaDoc, and whatever little
>> things
>> trickle in.  It seems pretty cohesive thus far.  Aside from the one
>> remaining issue assigned to me (
>> http://issues.jsecurity.org/browse/JSEC-116),
>> I don't see anything explicit. (I plan on finishing that issue today and
>> tomorrow).
>>
>> Could you all please look over the most current trunk today and tomorrow
>> and
>> let me know if you see anything that should be addressed prior to the RC1
>> release?
>>

> Les,
>
> What do you see as the timetable/criteria for a full v0.9.0 release?  Am I
> correct in stating that the SVN move needs to wait on this?
>

> Regards,
> Alan

Re: Releasing RC1?

Alex Karasulu
I've been waiting for the code to be pushed to the apache repo but I guess
I'll just take a look over at sf.net.  This has taken a long time. :(.

Alex