[SHIRO-481] guava-based cache -- close?

Benjamin Marwell
Hi everyone,

In this issue, someone requested a guava-based cache.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHIRO-481

He does not need it anymore, but a patch is attached.

If you like I can create a PR, but I would rather close it. It is just
another dependency which does not add much value, especially if no one
requested this feature.

Therefore I would suggest to close it.

Ben

Re: [SHIRO-481] guava-based cache -- close?

Brian Demers
+1 for dropping it.
I think if we wanted a guava cache impl, someone could create one on GitHub
(or similar) and if it gained some interest we could pull it into Shiro.
(Just trying to keep from spreading us too thin)

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 4:02 AM Benjamin Marwell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> In this issue, someone requested a guava-based cache.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHIRO-481
>
> He does not need it anymore, but a patch is attached.
>
> If you like I can create a PR, but I would rather close it. It is just
> another dependency which does not add much value, especially if no one
> requested this feature.
>
> Therefore I would suggest to close it.
>
> Ben

Re: [SHIRO-481] guava-based cache -- close?

Les Hazlewood-2
+1 to dropping it.