[VOTE] Release Apache Shiro 1.2.0 (2nd attempt)

[VOTE] Release Apache Shiro 1.2.0 (2nd attempt)

Les Hazlewood-2
This is a call to vote in favor of releasing Apache Shiro version 1.2.0.

The 59 issues solved for 1.2.0 (since the 1.1.0 release):

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator!executeAdvanced.jspa?jqlQuery=project+%3D+SHIRO+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%221.2.0%22+AND+%28status+%21%3D+Open+and+status+%21%3D+%22In+Progress%22%29+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&runQuery=true&clear=true

The tag to be voted upon:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/1.2.0

Staging repo for binaries:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheshiro-102

Project website (just for informational purposes, not to be voted upon):
http://shiro.apache.org/
and maven static generated site (for informational purposes, not to be
voted upon):
people.apache.org:/www/shiro.apache.org/static/1.2.0 or
http://shiro.apache.org/static/1.2.0 once it propagates to web servers

Guide to testing staged releases:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html

Vote open for 72 hours. Please do examine the source and binaries before voting.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 (please include reasoning)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Shiro 1.2.0 (2nd attempt)

kaosko
What was the reason to rename the tag? If we ever have independently
releasable modules, it gets confusing because the tag doesn't
immediately tell you for which module it is. If you don't like the
shiro-root name, let's change the module name, rather than omit it
from the tag. I'd prefer renaming the tag to shiro-root-1.2.0 for
consistency. Binaries are ok.

Kalle

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Les Hazlewood <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is a call to vote in favor of releasing Apache Shiro version 1.2.0.
>
> The 59 issues solved for 1.2.0 (since the 1.1.0 release):
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator!executeAdvanced.jspa?jqlQuery=project+%3D+SHIRO+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%221.2.0%22+AND+%28status+%21%3D+Open+and+status+%21%3D+%22In+Progress%22%29+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&runQuery=true&clear=true
>
> The tag to be voted upon:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/1.2.0
>
> Staging repo for binaries:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheshiro-102
>
> Project website (just for informational purposes, not to be voted upon):
> http://shiro.apache.org/
> and maven static generated site (for informational purposes, not to be
> voted upon):
> people.apache.org:/www/shiro.apache.org/static/1.2.0 or
> http://shiro.apache.org/static/1.2.0 once it propagates to web servers
>
> Guide to testing staged releases:
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>
> Vote open for 72 hours. Please do examine the source and binaries before voting.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1 (please include reasoning)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Shiro 1.2.0 (2nd attempt)

Les Hazlewood-2
I was trying to be consistent with the actual release version number,
since that is most relevant when perhaps needing to do a checkout (or
perusal) from SVN at a later date.  The 'shiro-root' prefix is a
side-effect of maven, not something that should be reflected in SVN
IMO.

i.e. I find this much better:

trunk
branches/1.2.x
branches/1.3.x
tags/1.1.0
tags/1.2.0
tags/1.2.1
etc

This is much nicer and consistent than something that could change
based on pom configuration IMO.

Is the existing tag something that would prevent you from voting?  I'd
_really_ not want to do another release again (which I think I'd have
to do to ensure the maven <scm> tags are consistent, right?).  I've
spent 4+ hours on this process already (fighting with the site plugin,
gpg, re-releasing, etc)  :/

Les

P.S. I do agree that we should be consistent - my hope is that we can
formalize this consistency after this release.  I just didn't think it
was a big deal at the time I guess.

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Kalle Korhonen
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> What was the reason to rename the tag? If we ever have independently
> releasable modules, it gets confusing because the tag doesn't
> immediately tell you for which module it is. If you don't like the
> shiro-root name, let's change the module name, rather than omit it
> from the tag. I'd prefer renaming the tag to shiro-root-1.2.0 for
> consistency. Binaries are ok.
>
> Kalle
>

> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Les Hazlewood <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> This is a call to vote in favor of releasing Apache Shiro version 1.2.0.
>>
>> The 59 issues solved for 1.2.0 (since the 1.1.0 release):
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator!executeAdvanced.jspa?jqlQuery=project+%3D+SHIRO+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%221.2.0%22+AND+%28status+%21%3D+Open+and+status+%21%3D+%22In+Progress%22%29+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&runQuery=true&clear=true
>>
>> The tag to be voted upon:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/1.2.0
>>
>> Staging repo for binaries:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheshiro-102
>>
>> Project website (just for informational purposes, not to be voted upon):
>> http://shiro.apache.org/
>> and maven static generated site (for informational purposes, not to be
>> voted upon):
>> people.apache.org:/www/shiro.apache.org/static/1.2.0 or
>> http://shiro.apache.org/static/1.2.0 once it propagates to web servers
>>
>> Guide to testing staged releases:
>> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>>
>> Vote open for 72 hours. Please do examine the source and binaries before voting.
>>
>> [ ] +1
>> [ ] +0
>> [ ] -1 (please include reasoning)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Shiro 1.2.0 (2nd attempt)

Mamadou Bobo Diallo
I don't think the structure is a major issue that should prevent to put 1.2
out, already so much work on this and it is just aesthetic that could be
fixed later.

--
Guru Software SARL

DIALLO Mamadou Bobo
Directeur
http://www.gurumades.ma

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Shiro 1.2.0 (2nd attempt)

Jared Bunting-2
In general, I am a fan of this pattern.  I am definitely a fan of
tagging an entire trunk and if we have multiple pieces with different
release cycles, they would exist in separate trunks.

+1 on the release.

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Les Hazlewood <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I was trying to be consistent with the actual release version number,
> since that is most relevant when perhaps needing to do a checkout (or
> perusal) from SVN at a later date.  The 'shiro-root' prefix is a
> side-effect of maven, not something that should be reflected in SVN
> IMO.

Our existing tags are at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/
and it's not consistent with the previous tag. It's not a
"side-effect", any of our sub-modules could technically follow an
independent release cycle.

> i.e. I find this much better:
> trunk
> branches/1.2.x
> branches/1.3.x
> tags/1.1.0
> tags/1.2.0
> tags/1.2.1

I'm sure you are not proposing to change the root layout of our svn space?

> Is the existing tag something that would prevent you from voting?  I'd
> _really_ not want to do another release again (which I think I'd have
> to do to ensure the maven <scm> tags are consistent, right?).  I've
> spent 4+ hours on this process already (fighting with the site plugin,
> gpg, re-releasing, etc)  :/

In general, if we cannot release any given module by running mvn -B
release:prepare release:perform and have the release completed within
a few minutes, we are doing something wrong. If it's a matter of time,
I can fix it, addressing this issue shouldn't take more than 15
seconds.

Kalle

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Shiro 1.2.0 (2nd attempt)

Les Hazlewood-2
+1 to release (binding)

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Kalle Korhonen
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Les Hazlewood <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I was trying to be consistent with the actual release version number,
>> since that is most relevant when perhaps needing to do a checkout (or
>> perusal) from SVN at a later date.  The 'shiro-root' prefix is a
>> side-effect of maven, not something that should be reflected in SVN
>> IMO.
>
> Our existing tags are at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/
> and it's not consistent with the previous tag. It's not a
> "side-effect", any of our sub-modules could technically follow an
> independent release cycle.
>
>> i.e. I find this much better:
>> trunk
>> branches/1.2.x
>> branches/1.3.x
>> tags/1.1.0
>> tags/1.2.0
>> tags/1.2.1
>
> I'm sure you are not proposing to change the root layout of our svn space?
>
>> Is the existing tag something that would prevent you from voting?  I'd
>> _really_ not want to do another release again (which I think I'd have
>> to do to ensure the maven <scm> tags are consistent, right?).  I've
>> spent 4+ hours on this process already (fighting with the site plugin,
>> gpg, re-releasing, etc)  :/
>
> In general, if we cannot release any given module by running mvn -B
> release:prepare release:perform and have the release completed within
> a few minutes, we are doing something wrong. If it's a matter of time,
> I can fix it, addressing this issue shouldn't take more than 15
> seconds.
>
> Kalle

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Shiro 1.2.0 (2nd attempt)

Les Hazlewood
Administrator
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Les Hazlewood <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I was trying to be consistent with the actual release version number,
>> since that is most relevant when perhaps needing to do a checkout (or
>> perusal) from SVN at a later date.  The 'shiro-root' prefix is a
>> side-effect of maven, not something that should be reflected in SVN
>> IMO.
>
> Our existing tags are at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/
> and it's not consistent with the previous tag. It's not a
> "side-effect", any of our sub-modules could technically follow an
> independent release cycle.
>
>> i.e. I find this much better:
>> trunk
>> branches/1.2.x
>> branches/1.3.x
>> tags/1.1.0
>> tags/1.2.0
>> tags/1.2.1
>
> I'm sure you are not proposing to change the root layout of our svn space?

No, I'm only proposing that the tag names not contain any 'shiro-root'
or anything other Maven-related.  Tag names should be identical to the
release M.m.p revision # IMO.

>> Is the existing tag something that would prevent you from voting?  I'd
>> _really_ not want to do another release again (which I think I'd have
>> to do to ensure the maven <scm> tags are consistent, right?).  I've
>> spent 4+ hours on this process already (fighting with the site plugin,
>> gpg, re-releasing, etc)  :/
>
> In general, if we cannot release any given module by running mvn -B
> release:prepare release:perform and have the release completed within
> a few minutes, we are doing something wrong. If it's a matter of time,
> I can fix it, addressing this issue shouldn't take more than 15
> seconds.

If you'd like to do this, please feel free.  For your reference, this
is the process I follow:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SHIRO/Performing+a+Release

Step #3 (maven commands) most certainly do not take 15 seconds.  The
entire (maven only) process takes about 20-30 minutes, and that's not
including all the Maven3+site plugin crap I had to fight with last
night.

Does this require yet another vote?

Les

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 6:20 PM, Les Hazlewood <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Kalle Korhonen
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> In general, if we cannot release any given module by running mvn -B
>> release:prepare release:perform and have the release completed within
>> a few minutes, we are doing something wrong. If it's a matter of time,
>> I can fix it, addressing this issue shouldn't take more than 15
>> seconds.
> If you'd like to do this, please feel free.  For your reference, this
> is the process I follow:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SHIRO/Performing+a+Release
> Step #3 (maven commands) most certainly do not take 15 seconds.  The
> entire (maven only) process takes about 20-30 minutes, and that's not
> including all the Maven3+site plugin crap I had to fight with last
> night.
> Does this require yet another vote?

I've renamed the existing 1.2.0 tag to
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/shiro-root-1.2.0/. We can
by all means continue to use the same voting thread as long as it's
clear what we are voting on. There are no changes to the sources and
the binaries are the same.

Kalle

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Shiro 1.2.0 (2nd attempt)

kaosko
I also removed openid4j module sources from the tag, note that the
binaries were not staged as the module was removed from the build.
Les, please keep in mind that when you tag, you are tagging that
module plus everything else below it. The two changes to the tag is
renaming the tag to shiro-root-1.2.0 and removing
shiro-root-1.2.0/openid4j. The svn revision is 1233745.

Kalle

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 7:23 PM, Kalle Korhonen
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 6:20 PM, Les Hazlewood <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Kalle Korhonen
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> In general, if we cannot release any given module by running mvn -B
>>> release:prepare release:perform and have the release completed within
>>> a few minutes, we are doing something wrong. If it's a matter of time,
>>> I can fix it, addressing this issue shouldn't take more than 15
>>> seconds.
>> If you'd like to do this, please feel free.  For your reference, this
>> is the process I follow:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SHIRO/Performing+a+Release
>> Step #3 (maven commands) most certainly do not take 15 seconds.  The
>> entire (maven only) process takes about 20-30 minutes, and that's not
>> including all the Maven3+site plugin crap I had to fight with last
>> night.
>> Does this require yet another vote?
>
> I've renamed the existing 1.2.0 tag to
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/shiro-root-1.2.0/. We can
> by all means continue to use the same voting thread as long as it's
> clear what we are voting on. There are no changes to the sources and
> the binaries are the same.
>
> Kalle

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Shiro 1.2.0 (2nd attempt)

kaosko
+1 Kalle Korhonen (binding). I checked out the tag, the rat report and
the staged binaries.

Jared, Les, you need to re-ack to accept the changes.

Kalle

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 7:31 PM, Kalle Korhonen
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I also removed openid4j module sources from the tag, note that the
> binaries were not staged as the module was removed from the build.
> Les, please keep in mind that when you tag, you are tagging that
> module plus everything else below it. The two changes to the tag is
> renaming the tag to shiro-root-1.2.0 and removing
> shiro-root-1.2.0/openid4j. The svn revision is 1233745.
>
> Kalle
>
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 7:23 PM, Kalle Korhonen
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 6:20 PM, Les Hazlewood <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> If you'd like to do this, please feel free.  For your reference, this
>>> is the process I follow:
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SHIRO/Performing+a+Release
>>> Step #3 (maven commands) most certainly do not take 15 seconds.  The
>>> entire (maven only) process takes about 20-30 minutes, and that's not
>>> including all the Maven3+site plugin crap I had to fight with last
>>> night.
>>> Does this require yet another vote?
>>
>> I've renamed the existing 1.2.0 tag to
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/shiro-root-1.2.0/. We can
>> by all means continue to use the same voting thread as long as it's
>> clear what we are voting on. There are no changes to the sources and
>> the binaries are the same.
>>
>> Kalle

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Shiro 1.2.0 (2nd attempt)

Jared Bunting-2
The svn info in the pom file is incorrect now.  Should we update it to
reflect the new tag?

Kalle

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Shiro 1.2.0 (2nd attempt)

Jared Bunting-2
Related, the subversion link on the site is wrong.

I prefer for the tag to be just the version number but Kalle does have a
point about consistency.  My current preference is for us to do what it
takes to get the release out and correct for now and have a discussion
about tagging conventions later.

-Jared

On Jan 19, 2012 9:57 PM, "Jared Bunting" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

The svn info in the pom file is incorrect now.  Should we update it to
reflect the new tag?

> On Jan 19, 2012 9:24 PM, "Kalle Korhonen" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 6:20 PM, Les Hazlewood <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at ...

> >> In general, if we cannot release any given module by running mvn -B
>> release:prepare release:pe...

> I've renamed the existing 1.2.0 tag to
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/shiro-root-...

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Shiro 1.2.0 (2nd attempt)

kaosko
On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 7:57 PM, Jared Bunting
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> The svn info in the pom file is incorrect now.  Should we update it to
> reflect the new tag?

Which svn info?

From shiro-root-1.2.0.pom:
    <scm>
        <connection>scm:svn:http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/shiro-root-1.2.0</connection>
        <developerConnection>scm:svn:https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/shiro-root-1.2.0</developerConnection>
        <url>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/shiro-root-1.2.0</url>
    </scm>

From the shiro-core manifest:

SCM-Revision: ${buildNumber}
SCM-url: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/1.2.0/shiro-core
Bundle-Version: 1.2.0
Build-Jdk: 1.6.0_29

Kalle

> On Jan 19, 2012 9:24 PM, "Kalle Korhonen" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 6:20 PM, Les Hazlewood <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at ...
>
>>> In general, if we cannot release any given module by running mvn -B
>>> release:prepare release:pe...
> I've renamed the existing 1.2.0 tag to
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/shiro-root-1.2.0/. We can
> by all means continue to use the same voting thread as long as it's
> clear what we are voting on. There are no changes to the sources and
> the binaries are the same.
>
> Kalle

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Shiro 1.2.0 (2nd attempt)

Les Hazlewood-2
I'm looking at

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/shiro-root-1.2.0/pom.xml
right now.  Here is its <scm> section:

<scm>
  <connection>scm:svn:http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/1.2.0</connection>
  <developerConnection>scm:svn:https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/1.2.0</developerConnection>
  <url>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/1.2.0</url>
</scm>

This does not match the current tag url.

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Kalle Korhonen
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 7:57 PM, Jared Bunting
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The svn info in the pom file is incorrect now.  Should we update it to
>> reflect the new tag?
>
> Which svn info?
>
> From shiro-root-1.2.0.pom:
>    <scm>
>        <connection>scm:svn:http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/shiro-root-1.2.0</connection>
>        <developerConnection>scm:svn:https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/shiro-root-1.2.0</developerConnection>
>        <url>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/shiro-root-1.2.0</url>
>    </scm>
>
> From the shiro-core manifest:
>
> SCM-Revision: ${buildNumber}
> SCM-url: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/1.2.0/shiro-core
> Bundle-Version: 1.2.0
> Build-Jdk: 1.6.0_29
>
> Kalle
>

>> On Jan 19, 2012 9:24 PM, "Kalle Korhonen" <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 6:20 PM, Les Hazlewood <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at ...

>> I've renamed the existing 1.2.0 tag to
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/shiro-root-1.2.0/. We can
>> by all means continue to use the same voting thread as long as it's
>> clear what we are voting on. There are no changes to the sources and
>> the binaries are the same.
>>
>> Kalle

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Shiro 1.2.0 (2nd attempt)

Les Hazlewood-2
This seems to be devolving instead of improving.

I'm going to just delete the openid4j module entirely (it is in the
trunk, we won't 'lose' it), re-run the full release, use the
'shiro-root-1.2.0' tag name and start a new VOTE thread.

If there are any objections, we don't have to start a VOTE, but it
seems as if this will make everyone happy and it seems to be the
fastest option available.

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 8:55 PM, Les Hazlewood <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm looking at
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/shiro-root-1.2.0/pom.xml
> right now.  Here is its <scm> section:
>
> <scm>
>  <connection>scm:svn:http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/1.2.0</connection>
>  <developerConnection>scm:svn:https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/1.2.0</developerConnection>
>  <url>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/1.2.0</url>
> </scm>
>
> This does not match the current tag url.
>

> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Kalle Korhonen
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 7:57 PM, Jared Bunting
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> The svn info in the pom file is incorrect now.  Should we update it to
>>> reflect the new tag?
>>
>> Which svn info?
>>
>> From shiro-root-1.2.0.pom:
>>    <scm>
>>        <connection>scm:svn:http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/shiro-root-1.2.0</connection>
>>        <developerConnection>scm:svn:https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/shiro-root-1.2.0</developerConnection>
>>        <url>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/shiro-root-1.2.0</url>
>>    </scm>
>>
>> From the shiro-core manifest:
>>
>> SCM-Revision: ${buildNumber}
>> SCM-url: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/1.2.0/shiro-core
>> Bundle-Version: 1.2.0
>> Build-Jdk: 1.6.0_29
>>
>> Kalle
>>

>>> On Jan 19, 2012 9:24 PM, "Kalle Korhonen" <[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:

>>> I've renamed the existing 1.2.0 tag to
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/shiro-root-1.2.0/. We can
>>> by all means continue to use the same voting thread as long as it's
>>> clear what we are voting on. There are no changes to the sources and
>>> the binaries are the same.
>>>
>>> Kalle

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Shiro 1.2.0 (2nd attempt)

Les Hazlewood-2
(P.S. I'll be doing this from the 1.2.x branch, so it won't affect
trunk or our existing tag and shouldn't conflict/interrupt anyone)

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 9:04 PM, Les Hazlewood <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This seems to be devolving instead of improving.
>
> I'm going to just delete the openid4j module entirely (it is in the
> trunk, we won't 'lose' it), re-run the full release, use the
> 'shiro-root-1.2.0' tag name and start a new VOTE thread.
>
> If there are any objections, we don't have to start a VOTE, but it
> seems as if this will make everyone happy and it seems to be the
> fastest option available.
>
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 8:55 PM, Les Hazlewood <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I'm looking at
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/shiro-root-1.2.0/pom.xml
>> right now.  Here is its <scm> section:
>>
>> <scm>
>>  <connection>scm:svn:http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/1.2.0</connection>
>>  <developerConnection>scm:svn:https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/1.2.0</developerConnection>
>>  <url>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/1.2.0</url>
>> </scm>
>>
>> This does not match the current tag url.
>>

>> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Kalle Korhonen
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Which svn info?
>>>
>>> From shiro-root-1.2.0.pom:
>>>    <scm>
>>>        <connection>scm:svn:http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/shiro-root-1.2.0</connection>
>>>        <developerConnection>scm:svn:https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/shiro-root-1.2.0</developerConnection>
>>>        <url>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/shiro-root-1.2.0</url>
>>>    </scm>
>>>
>>> From the shiro-core manifest:
>>>
>>> SCM-Revision: ${buildNumber}
>>> SCM-url: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/1.2.0/shiro-core
>>> Bundle-Version: 1.2.0
>>> Build-Jdk: 1.6.0_29
>>>
>>> Kalle

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Shiro 1.2.0 (2nd attempt)

Les Hazlewood-2
Correction, it will affect our existing tag - I have to delete it so
the re-release can use that same name.

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 9:05 PM, Les Hazlewood <[hidden email]> wrote:

> (P.S. I'll be doing this from the 1.2.x branch, so it won't affect
> trunk or our existing tag and shouldn't conflict/interrupt anyone)
>
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 9:04 PM, Les Hazlewood <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> This seems to be devolving instead of improving.
>>
>> I'm going to just delete the openid4j module entirely (it is in the
>> trunk, we won't 'lose' it), re-run the full release, use the
>> 'shiro-root-1.2.0' tag name and start a new VOTE thread.
>>
>> If there are any objections, we don't have to start a VOTE, but it
>> seems as if this will make everyone happy and it seems to be the
>> fastest option available.
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 8:55 PM, Les Hazlewood <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I'm looking at
>>>
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/shiro-root-1.2.0/pom.xml
>>> right now.  Here is its <scm> section:
>>>
>>> <scm>
>>>  <connection>scm:svn:http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/1.2.0</connection>
>>>  <developerConnection>scm:svn:https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/1.2.0</developerConnection>
>>>  <url>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shiro/tags/1.2.0</url>
>>> </scm>
>>>
>>> This does not match the current tag url.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Shiro 1.2.0 (2nd attempt)

Les Hazlewood-2
I renamed it instead of deleting, just in case.

--
Les Hazlewood
CTO, Katasoft | http://www.katasoft.com | 888.391.5282
katasoft blog: http://www.katasoft.com/blogs/lhazlewood
personal blog: http://leshazlewood.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Shiro 1.2.0 (2nd attempt)

Les Hazlewood-2
This vote thread has been closed due to a re-release.  New vote thread
to follow immediately.